DRAGON FIRE- High Performance Pre-Spray£19.95 – £134.95
- Chewing gum
Powerful on all synthetic soil types, especially effective on solvent soluble oil-based stains.
WAR HAMMER – High Performance Pre-spray£19.95 – £134.95
- Fizzy drinks
- Tea & coffee
Powerful on all soil types, Especially effective on Traffic lanes / Organic Grease, Oily and food dirt and stains.
INVADER – High Power Urine And Mattress Pre-spray£19.95 – £134.95
- Pet Urine / Vomit
- Human Urine / Vomit
- Red Wine
Powerful on all organic soil types, Especially effective where Odours need removing & brightening is required.
All pre-sprays double up as spot cleaners for their specific soil groups. EG Enzyme for organics and protein, solvent for synthetic and oil based soils.
When dealing with organic spots and stains – The customer will usually have used something on it themselves first before calling you. The best method as a professional cleaner to test if the customer will not tell you is a PH TEST on the spot, stain or spillage. This will give you a clear indication of how easy it will come out, and what chemistry / spot cleaner to use to aid you.
Drop a small amount of water (no chemical) onto the affected area to wet and re-activate it.
Take some PH paper and push the edge of one strip into the wet area. This will wet the paper and give you a PH reading. PH paper is available readily online for a very low cost.
You will now have a direct PH reading of the stain or spillage. As a rule of thumb – You want to use the opposite chemistry to transfer it out of the carpet onto a towel. However with NJORD advanced chemistry, Invader oxidising pre-spray and spot remover will deal with many acidic stains even though in its weakest form it is an acid, and in stronger forms a neutral to low Alkaline. If its neutral then alkaline can be used.
Choose your suitable chemical from the range and mix as directed. Apply a small amount onto a white cotton terry towel, and gently apply it to the affected area. The product should create a transfer instantly into the towel. Once the towel has absorbed a transfer repeat with a clean section of the towel. The motion you should use is a gentle, PUSH TWIST AND DAB to avoid any scrubbing or damaging of the carpet pile. Patience is key for professional results in this department.
Continue with step 4 as necessary until transfer no longer occurs. The area can Now be treated with your extractor, and a suitable in tank agent as recommended in this book. EG Woolsafe and Cleanseal products for Wool and advanced synthetics unless directed otherwise.
For Spray extraction cleaning you will need an extractor that Ideally has a 150PSI pump and 2X 5.7′ Vacuums. Some of our customers have smaller machines than this but this would be my personal recommendation to get good results quickly. If you are just starting out then a second hand machine meeting this criteria would be great. To replace 2 Vacuums and a Pump of these specs would typically cost less than £1000 so factor this into your purchase. A good quality 5 -10 Litre Sprayer will be recommended for applying pre-sprays to carpets. NEVER SPRAY WALLS, PAINTWORK OR FLOORS!
A good quality 2 litre Sprayer is recommended for Applying Spot cleaners, Although a 1 litre spray trigger bottle will work great.
If you cannot afford mechanical scrubbing machines such as counter rotating brush or Rotary scrubbers then a good quality pile brush will do the same job – Just with manual effort from yourself. If on a budget a plastic bristled medium brush with a good quality handle will do a great job. Insurance – You need public liability & Treatment risk. Its the treatment risk that will cover you in the event of an accident whilst cleaning.
- Never use powder products in your machine (unless manufacturer recommends otherwise.)
- Always carry anti-foam. All machine manufacturers recommend this to be used on EVERY JOB. We advise mixing 20ml per litre of FOAM DESTROYER Into a 1 litre spray trigger bottle and spraying some down the extraction hose to protect your machine and coat your hoses. FOAM DESTROYER is arguably the strongest and most cost effective defoamer available, And 1 Bottle will last a long time.
- When finishing an extraction job ALWAYS Lift the lid on your waste tank after emptying and run the vacuum motors for a few minutes to dry out the motors. When storing your machine leave the tank open and or the waste gate valve open to allow your internal components to breathe.
- Do not store your machine, equipment or chemicals in freezing temperatures. We use Oil filled radiators in our vans when the temperature drops, and set them on a thermostat.
- You will need a basic tool kit, this is for maintenance such as unblocking or changing jets in your wand or changing the quick connects on your hoses / wand valves when they wear. I would recommend a socket set, spanner set and a screwdriver set to get started. Always use PTFE tape on all joints to water proof them. This can be picked up very cheap. Do not drag your hoses as this will reduce the life of them drastically.
- Wand jets – Ideally 110015 or 11002 are the ones you want. Make sure your jets dont collide in the middle or with the wand when setting them up. They should be slightly offset.
- You will need a funnel and some syringes for mixing your chemicals easily and quickly.
- You will need corner guards and some foam twisty ties to protect your customers walls and skirting boards from hose drag when cleaning. The ties will pin your hose to a bannister when cleaning upstairs or stairs.
- Foam furniture blocks are essential to stop rust or varnish leaking into a recently cleaned carpet when damp. These simply slip underneath the feet of the item you will be cleaning around or underneath.
- Gloves are highly recommended. These will protect you from hazards on the job such as BIOHAZARDS, Germs and blood. The waste your machine will carry is extremely harmful and can even cause septicaemia if it gets into a cut on your skin. Please take extra caution and use disinfectants regularly on and in your equipment.
- Shoe covers for your clients and for yourself (alternatively a second pair of indoor shoes you change into)
- Tippex! This is to cover any bumps or bangs on freshly painted items in the home or business you will be cleaning in.
- Buy in bulk. Most things in our industry are available cheaper in volume so where you can bulk buy to get a bigger saving and in turn have to order less!